The Canadian Economy and the Freight Transportation Outlook for 2020
Canada’s economy is expected to remain strong during the initial stages of 2019 and then taper off during the balance of the year as the trade and tariff wars, investor worries, and declining confidence take hold. This panel will discuss the Canadian and US economies and transportation industries in 2019 and share their expectations for 2020.
The track will first feature presentations from a leading Canadian economist and investment analyst and from the Director of Research for one of America’s leading transportation investment companies. This session will also feature an overview from the head of two of Canada’s leading trucking associations. Immediately following this panel, there will be a moderator-led discussion with a leading trucking executive and a major shipper who will share their insights and outlook for next year.Presented by:
- Anna Petrova, Director, Head of Supply Chain Canada, Conagra Brands
- Scott Tilley, President, Tandet Group
- Stephen Laskowski, President, Canadian Trucking Alliance & Ontario Trucking Association
- David Ross, Managing Director, Global Transportation & Logistics, Stifel Financial Corp.
- Josh Nye, Senior Economist, RBC