An inside look at New Freight Transportation Technologies for Manufacturers, Distributors, and Retailers
Shippers and carriers are trying to adapt to the remarkable changes under way in supply chains across North America. The Amazon effect is forcing companies to become more agile and to increase speed to market. Ecommerce, Blockchain, Big Data and Predictive Analytics, Artificial Intelligence and Robotics and Uber services for freight transportation are transforming long established logistics processes. This track will feature a brief video that captures the major technological changes affecting manufacturers, distributors, retailers and the carriers serving these sectors. The video will be followed by a one on one discussions on how these changes will shape the Future of Transportation. This panelists will share their thoughts and insights on how these forces are likely to play out in the years ahead.Presented by:
- Lou Smyrlis, Managing Director, Trucking and Supply Chain Group, Newcom Media Inc.
- Dave Brajkovich, Chief Technology Officer, Polaris Transportation Group
- Brian Hodgson, VP, Transportation Strategy, Descartes Systems
- Charles Fallon, LIDD Supply Chain Intelligence
- Iliana Oris Valiente, Certified Bitcoin Professional, Accenture
- Martin Abadi, Counsel, Borden Ladner Gervais LLP