- Brian has over 20 years of sales and business development experience. He has worked with hundreds of companies to apply enterprise software and process improvements to drive value and cost savings in their supply chain and logistics functions. In 2012, Brian joined Oz Development, now part of Descartes, and has since rejoined the team to increase customer value, expand our product offerings and drive growth. Brian has held executive positions in sales and marketing with Kewill, SupplyWorks, Eleven Technology and Computer Network Technology. He received his Bachelor of Science in Electrical Eng
- Founder/Chairman and CEO, Challenger group of companies Dan Einwechter is the Founder, Chairman and CEO of the Challenger group of companies headquartered in Cambridge, Ontario. Currently an Executive Member of the Board of Directors for both the Ontario Trucking Association and the Canadian Trucking Alliance, Dan got his start in transportation by driving trucks as a teenager. This experience ultimately led to the formation of a transportation company in 1975 as a means to support his University endeavours. Dan has an honorary business degree from Wilfred Laurier University. Over
- As Chief Technology Officer, Dave will have key accountabilities for leading and maintaining a robust technical ecosystem for the Polaris Transportation Group. One of the first steps will be to enhance Polaris’s current technical foundation and align with a newly formed road map for scalable growth. The ultimate objective is to provide Polaris the foundation to be a uniquely different provider of freight services with enhanced digital product capabilities in the future. Emphasis will be placed on bleeding edge technologies such as Robotic Process Automation, AI, and Blockchain. Mr. Cox exp
- James Menzies is the editor of Truck News magazine. He has been covering the Canadian trucking industry for more than 16 years and holds a commercial driver’s licence.
- Jim McKay joined TFI International in October 2017 as President of Loomis-Express. Prior to joining TFI International Jim was President of The Avleca Group and held leadership roles in supply chain with both Walmart and Praxair. He holds a bachelor’s degree from the University of Western Ontario and an Executive MBA from the Smith School of Business at Queen’s University. Jim is a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA, CMA), Six Sigma Blackbelt and Certified CITT Logistics Professional.
- President and CEO, SCI Logistics John Ferguson is President and CEO of SCI Logistics. SCI is a leading Canadian based supply chain solution provider servicing clients in the Retail, E-Commerce, Technology and Healthcare sectors for over 30 years. The company operates an extensive national network of 26 distribution centers, 41 field stocking locations, and 8 white glove transportation terminals served by over 2000 employees. John has over 25 years of experience in logistics, transportation and international trade. Prior to his role with SCI Logistics, John served as Vice President
- John G. Smith is the editor of Today’s Trucking — the business magazine of Canada’s trucking industry. The award-winning writer has reported on trucking for more than two decades, including a tenure as editor of Truck News and Truck West from 1995 to 2001. In 13 years as an independent communications consultant, he also supported a wide array of industry associations and initiatives, and was a contributing editor to trucking publications across North America.
- John Tenpenny is the Editor of Canadian Shipper, published since 1898 and written for buyers of transportation services. An award-winning writer and editor, John has more than 15-years of business journalism experience. An experienced communicator, John also instructs at George Brown College's Editing Certificate program, where he teaches students the practical skills required to effectively manage the editorial process in both print and digital media.
- Lou Smyrlis is the Editorial Director of the Trucking Group properties with Newcom Business Media Inc. These properties include Canadian Transportation & Logistics, Truck News, Truck West as well as several online newsfeeds, directories, newsletters and the award winning Web TV show, Transportation Matters. Combined, these properties have a circulation of more than 150,000 providers and buyers of transportation services across Canada. Lou has been reporting on transportation issues for over 20 years and is a winner of several writing awards. A frequent speaker on industry issues, he is
- Marco Beghetto is VP of communications & new media for OTA and CTA, overseeing the associations’ public relations with media, the public and government. Marco previously served as senior editor of Today’s Trucking magazine for 11 years, before taking the role with OTA/CTA in 2011. Marco possesses a strong grasp of the issues and challenges faced by motor carriers – both in terms of the marketplace and the busy regulatory docket confronting the industry.
- Mark Hong is the Vice President of Strategy and Analytics for C.H. Robinson’s largest division, North America Surface Transportation. Mark’s team brings together the core functions of finance, analytics, strategic planning, project management, R&D and technology prioritization to ensure the division has the tools and resources needed for successful planning, execution and innovation within our business. Mark joined C.H. Robinson in 2003 as director of Business Development responsible for merger and acquisition (M&A) activities. In addition to M&A, he spent much of his first year
- Ray is the Co-Founder of StakUp Inc., an Online Performance Benchmarking service for the North American Trucking Industry. With a career spanning four decades, Ray has been involved in all facets of the North American Trucking Industry. Beginning in 1974 as an Owner Operator, Ray amassed 1 Million accident free miles before starting his own Trucking Company - Southwestern Express. From 1984 until 2000, Southwestern Express grew to 50 trucks, primarily focused on refrigerated freight. In 2000, Southwestern Express merged with MacKinnon Transport, at which time Ray became President and COO. Duri
- Bob has a B.A.Sc. (Bachelor of Applied Science) degree in Civil Engineering from the University of Toronto. During his 40-year career with Canadian Pacific Limited, Bob worked in the engineering, signal, operating and marketing departments of Canadian Pacific Railway. In 1976, he moved to Canadian Pacific Consulting Services as Vice-President, where he had responsibility for marketing and supervision of railway and other transportation projects in various parts of the world. In 1988, Bob was assigned by Canadian Pacific to The Railway Association of Canada as President, where he served u
Robert James Armstrong, CITP, CMILT, President, Armstrong Trade and Logistics Advisory Services Inc. (ATLAS)Bob Armstrong, CITP, PLog, CMILT, is President of Armstrong Trade and Logistics Advisory Services Inc. (ATLAS). Bob has over 40 years of experience in the fields of Global Supply Chain, International Trade, Cross Border Logistics and Customs Regulations and procedures. Bob also served as President of Supply Chain & Logistics Association of Canada (SCL) from November 2007 to July 2012. Bob Armstrong further served as President and CEO for the Canadian Association of Importers and Exporters Inc. for nine years and as President of the Association of International Automobile Manufacturer
- Valerie McSween, MBA, CCLP is the Vice President, Eastern Region at Mactrans Logistics Inc. She is also the Vice Chair Finance for the CITT Board of Directors. Over the last 20 years, Valerie has worked with both asset-based and non asset-based transportation providers in various strategic business development functions. She holds her CCLP designation as well as an Executive MBA in Logistics. Passionate about her work, Valerie understands the power of collaboration and uses her network to create customized solutions to any logistics challenge for her clients.
- Walter is a Managing Director at RBC Capital Markets and responsible for the firm's equity coverage of the Transportation Sector. His coverage includes companies operating in the railroad, airline, aerospace, trucking and logistics segments of the North American transportation industry. Walter has over 16 years of experience in equity research and over the course of his career has been consistently cited as the Transportation sector’s top-ranked analyst. Brendan Wood rates Walter #1 in Transportation research for the last seven years running and has been top ranked for his specific coverage